Sale!

2023 Quimerino Blanco, Achaval Ferrer, Mendoza

SKU: 2675 Categories: , , ,
Availability: In stock (6 left)

£24.95

6 in stock

5% discount on 12 or more bottles Wine or Beer

Description

The Quimerino Blanco is a blend of 90% Sauvignon Blanc with the remaining 10% made up of Marsanne and Roussanne, fermented seperately at low temperatures in stainless steel. The result is a wonderfully elegant and fresh white wine that is packed with zesty, fresh fruit courtesy of the Sauvignon with a savoury edge coming from the Roussanne and Marsanne.  Really delicious and something a little different from this first class producer.  


Santiago Achaval was studying accountancy in California in the 1980s when his heart was stolen by the quality of wines being produced there and was convinced that wines of a similar quality could be produced in his homeland – Argentina. Fast forward to 1995 when Santiago had found the right sites, he teamed up with a few Italian friends; Manuel Ferrer, Tiziano Siviero, and famed oenologist Roberto Cipresso, and Achaval Ferrer was born. They focused on terroir above all else, specialising in vineyards with ancient, ungrafted vines, up to a century old, convinced that these low yielding vines produced grapes of exceptional complexity and concentration. This specific site selection, coupled with a hands-off minimal intervention approach, produces wines with Old World elegance and concentrated, New World fruit. Their debut wine, the 1999 Finca Altamira, exploded onto the scene, becoming the first Argentinian wine to ever achieve five stars from Decanter magazine.

Details

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Add a review

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may also like

Clos de Lom Malvasia.JPG

2019 Malvasia, Clos De Lom, Do Valencia

Malvasia

The 2019 Malvasia, Clos De Lom, Do Valencia is delicious, hand harvested and has an intense nose of ripe fruits such as red apple, peach and lychee with a floral background of orange blossom. The well-structured palate shows ripe fruits and plenty of freshness. The finely balanced acidity carries through to the long, satisfying finish.

£17.95

Out of Stock
Coquin Menetou Salon.JPG

2022/23 Menetou Salon, Domaine Coquin

Sauvignon Blanc

We are delighted to welcome back this wonderful Menetou Salon from Domaine Coquin.  Planted on south west facing slopes with excellent exposure, the vines are tended with the utmost respect for the environment with ploughing and grass cover limiting the excessive use of chemicals.

£18.95

Add to basket
Bordeaux Blanc Saransot Dupre.JPG

2019 Bordeaux Blanc Sec, Chateau Saransot-Dupre

Semillon/Sauvignon

Chateau Saransot-Dupre is a favourably sited 17 hectares property that lies between Fourcas Dupré and Fourcas Hosten in Listrac.  Due to Listrac’s cooler temperatures, Merlot and Cabernet Franc are favoured over Cabernet Sauvignon to form the majority of the blend, helping them achieve optimum ripeness.  Much like Chateau Fourcas Hosten, the wines have improved year on year since 2010 and the property were put on the radar thanks to a certain Robert Parker hailing the 2010 vintage as 'classed growth quality'.  High praise indeed!

£18.95

Add to basket
Cotes du Rhone Blanc Grand Veneur.JPG

2022 Cotes Du Rhone Reserve Blanc, Dom. Grand Veneur

Roussanne

The Cotes Du Rhone Reserve Blanc from Domaine Grand Veneur is a superb value white. It is a blend of Roussanne, Viognier and Clairette and been a regular feature of our list for several vintages thanks to it's wonderful balance of delicate floral aromatics, peach and stone fruit flavours and balanced fresh acidity. 

£17.95

Out of Stock